Pioneer Co-operative Association Ltd.
It was early 1936 in Swift Current. The Swift Current Oil and Gas Co. Ltd. was in existence, with R.E. West as Chairman of the Board, N.E. (Cy) Cowan as Secretary, and J.O. Grinder as Manager. The company was in the gas and oil business at a location on Fourth Ave. N.W. between Chaplin and Cheadle Streets.
There was also a branch of the company at Stewart Valley. At a meeting on April 11, 1936, the Board of the Swift Current Oil and Gas Co. Ltd. passed a motion to call an extraordinary meeting of its shareholders to consider reorganizing the company as a co-operative.
PIONEER CO-OP IS GOVERNED BY A BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Responsible to the members for the well-being of Pioneer Co-op in Swift Current and the Branches
- Meet monthly for day long meetings
- 9 member Board
- Elected at the Annual Meeting of Pioneer Co-op
- Participate in Federated Co-operative Meetings: June District, Fall Conference, and AGM
- Training is available to all new Board Members
If you are interested in joining a progressive cooperative, as a decision maker, call Neil @ 306-773-6454, Uli @ 306-741-0685 or Stu @ 306-778-8809